Real Christmas Trees in Essex, grown at Hurleys Christmas Tree Farm in Wickford
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! My Christmas mini sessions are done so its officially christmas now in our house! This year’s christmas minis were hosted at Hurley’s Christmas Tree Farm in Wickford and I think everyone will agree it was a perfect location! The trees are grown on site at the farm then displayed beautifully ready to be picked for their new homes. The smell alone is worth a trip!
Picking a christmas tree can be a bit challenging so I asked Martin who runs the farm for his top tips!
- Ensure your tree is fresh when you buy it so ideally choose it from a real christmas tree farm like Hurley’s Christmas Tree Farm to be sure.
- Key is to keep your christmas tree well watered by placing it in a water holding stand. Do not place in sand or soil.
- Keep away from direct sources of heat and radiators as much a possible.
- Treat like a cut flower & only place in clean cold water , no need to add sugars or feed but do keep the water topped up.
- Get advice from us at Hurley’s farm & choose the right tree for your needs. For example from our range we also have Nordmann Fir for a bushy tree with great needle retention and soft needles. Fraser Fir for a wonderful fragrance & narrower shape. Lodgepole Pine for a needle retaining tree that is bushy to the top with a lovely pine fragrance.
Once you’ve got that tree up, I’ll be sharing how to get fab pictures of your tree at home on the blog next week. In the meantime heres just some of the fun we had at the farm this year!